It is a non-profit organization affiliated with the National Association of State Treasurers and the Council of State Governments.
Members represent all states, the District of Columbia, and other international governmental entities. It provides a forum for continuing discussions regarding interstate cooperation, education, training, uniform laws, reporting requirements and increasing the public’s awareness of the role the states play in protecting and returning property to rightful owners.
The mission is to promote and support excellence and professionalism among those individuals charged with the responsibilities of unclaimed property administration and compliance.
One of the areas of compliance has to do with how the states report unclaimed money.
UPExchange is a free web application for creating and submitting unclaimed property reports in the NAUPA II Electronic Reporting Standard.
It’s endorsed officially and exclusively by NAUPA. Because it’s a software-as-a-service offering (SaaS), it creates an exchange of functionality that takes location out of the equation. It’s accessible from anywhere, with any standard Web browser, and with no software to install or maintain. Because it permits holders to grant access to stakeholders of their choosing, it creates an exchange of information that enables efficient collaborationThe following is more for holders of unclaimed money, then for finders:
UPExchange’s modules can include:
- Dormancy Processing to ensure compliance with all jurisdiction-specific deadlines, requirements, and procedures.
- Mapping, Reporting, and Due Diligence to accept uploads from source systems, enable custom reporting, and manage and customize mandatory search letters.
- Utilities that include:
- An interface to Excel that supports mass update of your property records
- User defined fields house additional property information to streamline processing
- Jurisdiction-specific exemptions for each reporting authority
- Rollback for undoing and redoing work, reversing file purges, and more
- Re-file to submit state requested data modifications.If you would like to learn more about UPExchange, please visit their website at http://www.byetm.com/upexchange/
or, go to our Free Search page, or continue here if you want to learn more about state laws for finders.